My parents bought an iPad this Christmas. I took the time to help them get it set up and was amazed to see how they reacted to it. Here are some things that I learned from parents while observing them with an iPad.
1. It’s computer not a tablet. (My dad calls it a computer, tablet is completely foreign concept).
2. Cloud storage is really confusing if the only thing you have known as storage is 3.5” discs and CD-ROMS.
3. The FOX News iPad app is horribly designed, yet it will be main source of news for my dad.
4. Multiple email accounts for different people on the same iPad can be confusing.
5. They don’t understand why there is an app designed for the iPad and that same app is does not have a desktop version.
Keep in mind my parents are very intelligent people, however it was interesting to see them to interact with this new technology.