My Podcast Workflow
Next month Katie Allred and I kick off another year of The Church Communications podcast. So far we have over forty guests booked and we’re excited about the line up. I also have another podcast on the way (a reboot of The Ask Darrel podcast).
I think more people should try podcasting. The gear requirements are small and hosting costs are reasonable. Here’s a list of my gear and software I use to record the podcast:
- Snowball Mic for recording ($45)
- Skype for talking to people we’re interviewing (free)
- Piezo for recording the Skype call ($19)
- Adobe Audition for mixing (part of of Adobe CS)
- Buzzsprout for hosting ($12/mo)
- Canva for podcast cover graphics (free)
So my startup costs were roughly $76 to start the podcast. If I wanted to, I could’ve used the free plan on Buzzsprout and Audacity plus Soundflower to record and mix. Then the only cost would be the mic.
If you want to learn more about podcasting and get into the how-to’s, I suggest you listen to The Podcast Method with Dan Benjamin.